This course is designed for 19+ adults.
The NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General (QCF) Level 3 qualification will allow you to further develop skills and knowledge gained in the Level 2 Beauty Therapy course.
The course is focussed on producing highly proficient, occupationally competent, professional Beauty Therapists that can perform a wide variety of treatments and services and are job ready.
This qualification is most suited to learners who wish to advance in their profession or to become salon managers and/or salon owners.
This course will lead to:
- Continued studies will enable you to confidently start your own business venture or franchise, while higher education courses could qualify you for teaching or training posts.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification
- Satisfactory reference
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Monitor and maintain Health and Safety procedures in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Working in beauty related industries
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electro-therapy treatments
- Provide body electro-therapy treatments
There are several optional units which can be added to fulfil qualification requirements:
- Apply individual permanent lashes
- Apply microdermabrasion
- Provide Indian head massage
- Provide electrical epilation
- Contribute to the effective running of business
- Explore technological developments within the hair and beauty and associated areas
You will be assessed via:
- Continual assessment throughout the course
- Written assignments
- Written/online tests
- Portfolios of collated study evidence
Practical assessments are undertaken on paying clients and must be completed in a commercially acceptable timescale
In addition to timetabled classes, there is provision for independent study time. Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research and bring this to present and share in subsequent classes.