This course is designed for 19+ adults.
The NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General (QCF) Level 2 qualification will allow you to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and experience required to become a professional Junior Beauty Therapist.
Course fee: £1,618. You may be eligible to study this course for free or access financial support.
This course will lead to:
- Level 3 Beauty course
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Satisfactory reference
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Provide facial skin care
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Apply make-up
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- Provide nail art
- Create an image/total look based on a theme
All practical skills are carried out within a realistic working environment on paying clients.
You will also gain knowledge in:
- Follow Health and Safety procedures in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Salon reception duties
You will be assessed via:
- Continual assessment throughout the course
- Written assignments
- Written/online tests
- Portfolios of collated study evidence
Practical assessments are undertaken on paying clients and must be completed in a commercially acceptable timescale
In addition to timetabled classes there is provision for independent study time. Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research and bring this to present and share in subsequent classes.